Rotech Healthcare, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Account Collector
at Rotech Healthcare, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Customer Service/Support
- Position Type
- Active Full-Time
- 6830 NEW TAMPA HIGHWAY
- Address 2
- STE 300
- Postal Code
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.
We are seeking a dedicated Patient Account Collector to join the Rotech team. In this position you will be responsible for the collection of assigned accounts and secures payment according to our guidelines and in compliance with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA.) Provides thorough, efficient and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received. Serves the customers of the patient Account Center by making outbound telephone calls/receive inbound telephone calls with a focus on call quality, FDCPA adherence, call flow and final disposition of the accounts assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranges for debt repayment or establishes a repayment schedule based on the customer’s financial situation
- Completes a Skip Trace on customers that are not responding to collection efforts
- Complies with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to HIPAA
- Confer with customers to determine reasons for overdue payments and review the terms of sales, service and financial obligations
- Forwards delinquent accounts too collections department or legal when customers fail to respond to collection efforts
- Locates and monitors overdue accounts using the billing system
- Negotiates credit extension when necessary
- Notifies customers of delinquent accounts with the attempt of collecting outstanding amounts
- Performs diligence in securing all company information, including but not limited to company and patient information
- Receives payment and ensures proper posting to appropriate customer’s accounts
- Records information about financial status of customers and the status of collections efforts
- Records/updates patient personal accounts where necessary with contact information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management
- Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with physicians, location employees and patients to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Knowledgeable in all major insurance carrier eligibility and reimbursement guidelines
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and of billing reimbursement
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Mapping skills including ability to plan time-saving delivery routes
- Mapping skills including ability to plan time-saving routes
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to learn
- Medical terminology
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Read and successfully interpret written directions and/or instructions in English
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness to physicians, location employees and patients
- Work independently and as part of a team
- At times will need to lift a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power-Point, Publisher, Access, etc.
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- Office environment
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.