Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RPM Mortgage
This individual will determine and assess borrower’s individual creditworthiness and risk for residential conforming and FHA real estate products. Demonstrate thorough understanding of loan guidelines and investor specifications and incorporate this knowledge during the course of daily functions.
- Ability to underwrite loans requiring mortgage insurance
- Review and analyze complex borrower profiles, tax returns, title reports, credit reports and income documentation to determine debt and loan to value ratios
- Assist in identifying and recommending alternative loan products and/or re-structuring solutions
- Review and analyzing special conditions, loan deficiencies and exception request to determine the appropriate action
- Assist branch personnel with technical underwriting issues, problems and/or questions
- Properly assess and responds to fraud indicators. Review loan documentation and vendor fraud reports to identify signs of irregular or fraudulent activity
- Submit files through DU and LP and interpret findings in a written loan approval
- Underwrite and condition loans per lender requirements and credit quality
- Underwrite and condition loans per MI company requirements and obtain valid MI certificate
- Review complex appraisals for accurate property valuation and acceptability
- Ensure documentation adequately supports credit decision
- Issue loan approvals or professionally written adverse action notifications
- Underwrite loans over $625,500 to $1 million without second signature
- Meet any daily production quotas as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience in Mortgage Banking Underwriting is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Proficiency with use of Automated Underwriting Applications and ability to assess results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is crucial
- Tactfulness and proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.