Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT System Engineer Orlando
In this role you will be working with a team of IT System Engineers to help provide technical support for SAIC. In this role you will help perform Network and Server inspections. This is more of a fast paced environment where you will help with multiple tasks, but you will be on a great team where everyone helps each other. In a typical day you will help with inspections, identify areas that require improvements or upgrades, as well as providing feedback to customers regarding product performance.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth IT operations at the workforce assigned to designated work locations and/or remote access needs.
- IT Support for diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging Laptop/desktop, servers, networks, phones, printers, AV and VTC and Software systems.
- Interfaces with the employees/customers to ensure new IT systems (HW, SW and networks) are coordinated through all corporate interfaces (Security, ITO Directorates).
- Conducts on- site installation and testing of IT equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Responsibilities include oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility.
- Installation of software maintenance releases or hardware upgrades including the oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation.
- Identifies areas requiring product improvement and approves/implements upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders.
- Provides feedback and customer support regarding product performance problems and suggested solutions which may require product exchanges or more complex problem solving. Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities.
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI with Polygraph
REQUIRED EDCUATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience will consider six (6) years or more experience in lieu of degree
- Must have knowledge of RMF and NIST 800-53 implementations in secure environments.
- Security CE certification needed.
- Knowledge of Linux is a plus
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability