Saint Leo University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct - Mathematics
at Saint Leo University
Job Description Summary
Saint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates in the Saint Leo, Florida, area to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.
In addition to your curriculum vitae/resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing the remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
· Cover Letter
· Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
· References - Three (3) Names of References – Please list three names of recent professional references, including at least one recent supervisor. Be sure to include reference name, email and phone numbers.
· Transcripts - Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts.
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
World Education Services (WES) Evaluation – A certified evaluation and translation from World Education Services (WES) is required for foreign transcripts and/or any and all degrees obtained from international universities. Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
Instructors will be responsible for teaching within the Mathematics discipline:
- MAT-003 : Basic Algebra
- MAT-128 : Intermediate Algebra
- MAT-131 : College Mathematics
- MAT-141 : Finite Mathematics
- MAT-201 : Introduction to Statistics
Adjuncts are required and agree to:
- Teach assigned courses as contracted.
- Provide all necessary information and teach materials as provided on the course syllabus.
- Submit final grades within three (3) days after the end of the term.
- Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as specified by the master syllabus and/or as directed by the appropriate academic school dean, director, or chair.
- Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
- Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
- Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
- Abide by and uphold University policies and core values.
- Carry out instructor duties and responsibilities as provided on the website, handbook(s), and policies.
Adjuncts are assigned to specific teaching locations and report to their location administrator as it pertains to daily operations as defined in the term-by-term contractual agreement, but ultimately have responsibility to their discipline specific department chair, director and/or college dean.
A master’s degree and 18 graduate semester credit-hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay’s Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times.
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence—ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries—ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.