Saint Leo University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Saint Leo University
Job Description Summary
Successful Enrollment Counselors possess unique communication skills and exhibit core values that effectively engage and inform prospective students via robust phone conversations in an organic, student-focused style, establishing rapport, and building trust.
• Are student-centered and driven by the need to help others achieve their educational goals
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a passion for higher education
• Assist prospective students in finding the right undergraduate or graduate program that meets their needs
• Educate prospective students on possible lifestyle changes, time commitments, technology, and study skills required to be a successful online college student
• Exhibit excellent quality service, follow-through, and interaction with students and supporting departments in a collaborative manner, ensuring the student is well-prepared to begin their classes
DUTIES AND TASKS:
After the Enrollment Counselor achieves initial contact with prospective students, they continue to counsel and educate them through the entire enrollment process. The process will include information regarding registration, ordering books, technology setup, and introductions to fellow team members who will assist them with financial questions and academic advice.
As the primary contact, the Enrollment Counselor is responsible for positive new student experience by building a relationship with the student and answering questions regarding degree requirements, program research, policies, and procedures.
As part of a high performing team Enrollment Counselors must;
- Possess key attributes of integrity, flexibility, initiative, and confidence
- Understand and adhere to outreach requirements and quality expectations, meet their goals and motivate through a positive approach and a general openness to feedback
- Identify and share opportunities to improve university processes and the student experience
- Generate prospective student referrals from existing students, alumni, staff, and members of the community
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail through accuracy and follow-up to manage procedures of student record keeping efficiently; on excel spreadsheets and in student databases
- Operate in a positive manner as part of a team and show a willingness to grow and learn by being open to change, innovative ideas, and constructive feedback
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a highly professional and student/customer focused environment over the phone
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
- Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions
- Service Orientation-Actively looking for ways to help people
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively and accurately over the phone
- Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the student via email.
- Organizational skills – highly developed and able to multi-task and set priorities
- Technical skills – MS Office, Excel, and Outlook
- Attention to Detail – Set priorities on time and with a great deal of accuracy
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Two or more years' admissions experience or high-value relationship-based/consultative sales experience required
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a highly professional and student/customer-focused environment.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Experience working with non-traditional adult students over the phone.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay’s Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times.
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence—ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries—ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.