Salem Media Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Author Support Representative
at Salem Media Group
Do you love books? Have you ever wondered what the inside of the publishing process really looks like?
We’re hiring a full-time addition to our staff. This role acts as “Book Advocate” for each of our authors that have completed the self-publishing process and now have their books living in the real world. It is much like being an account manager for a very full roster of authors.
Bring your passion for project management, timely communication, and your attention to detail, and we’ll train you on the ins-and-outs of after press changes and royalties.
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives on multi-tasking and keeping many balls in the air. Will adeptly manage numerous authors at different stages of the publishing lifecycle with ease.
- Understands the value of nurturing client relationships, and takes great pride in building brand affinity amongst the customers under their care.
- Derives job satisfaction from providing excellent, proactive customer service; maintaining a high customer retention rate; and seeing projects through to completion.
- Excels at interpersonal communication, problem solving, and fostering enthusiastic collaboration between multiple departments.
- Bring an exploratory approach to problem solving for the authors under your care, understanding that the answer that is easiest to give is not always the right prescription for the problem.
- Can handle the demands of a high-call environment, both inbound and outbound, preferring to speak directly with authors to answer needs and encourage them rather than just sending a quick email.
- Brings to the table a caring demeanor and engaging personality that shines through the phone and written communication.
- Is ready to exercise their empathy muscle when dealing with clients of varying technical aptitudes.
- Has at least a high school education and a convincing background in customer service in a high-call environment.
- Is completely fluent in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe, as well as different graphic programs and .jpeg & .tiff files.
Your Most Important Initiatives:
- Acting as the main point of contact for authors for the lifetime of their books, providing updates, guidance, and feedback on after press changes, royalty questions, annual renewal fees, and sales/distribution portals.
- Taking ownership of the job. You are ultimately responsible for overall project management: overseeing deadlines, workflow, and communication amongst author-clients and our internal creative teams.
- Understanding how your efforts enhance the company’s bottom line, and working as part of a team to hit department financial goals.
- Whether it’s changing an author’s password or answering a complex question, you’ll enthusiastically assist our customers with tasks both big and small.
Success Looks Like:
- A brand experience our customers can’t stop raving about—each author under your wings feels like part of our family.
- Innovative problem solving that goes “beyond the checklist.”
- Communication delivered in a timely manner with a personal touch.
- A high rate of project completion and client retention.
- Strong relationships with the sales and creative teams throughout the company—we’re a “culture first” team, committed to enjoying our workdays while delighting our clients.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and a cover letter to let us know why you’re the perfect fit. Please include urls to three books you love and tell us why—be it a stunning cover design, an amazing author, or the gut-wrenching ending. We’re all ears!
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.