Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey CAD Technician II
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily processing of geospatial data, including evaluating accuracy and sufficiency, and ensuring compliance to applicable project and industry standards related to survey mapping products
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds
- Compilation of mapping features from LiDAR point clouds
- Quality Control
- Other duties as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- 10+ years experience in MicroStation or AutoCAD
- 3-5 years progressive experience with LiDAR data feature extraction
- 3-5 years of DOT survey experience
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including Auto CAD and/or MicroStation and MS Office Suite
- Experience with TopoDot a plus, however not necessary
- Experience with Mobile and/or Terrestrial LiDAR
- Experience in field collection of topographic surveys a plus
- Proficient in technical math, including Geometry and Trigonometry
- Strong listening, writing and verbal communication skills
- Proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.