Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
*Local applicants preffered. Very little travel, not a per diem only role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Professional interaction with client representative and land owners
- Maintain vehicle and field equipment
- Basic plan reading and preparation (i.e., site plans, boundary plans, highway plans, profile and cross sections, horizontal and vertical curves, pipeline plans, foundation plans, and developing existing and finished contours)
- Responsible for ensuring the truck is loaded and all supplies necessary for completion of the day’s work are fully stocked
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certification
- 1 year previous experience in land surveying preferred but not required
- Ability to effectively communicate with all level of employees within an organization, both oral and written skills
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor as well as other members of engineering staff and management team
- Proven work history, strong work ethic, and team-player attitude
- Ability to identify and use various types of survey equipment
- Ability to work continually outside in all types of weather conditions and terrain
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs on a consistent basis- daily task includes carrying various types of survey equipment such as tripod, prism, rod; hand and power tools; and large buckets
- Possession of a valid, current driver’s license
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the construction industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.