Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leadership Development Manager, Chicagoland or Twin Cities
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you in the Chicagoland or Twin Cities area? We currently have an opportunity to join our staff team in the Upper Midwest region. This position oversees volunteer development and shoebox growth. Are you someone ready for a challenge, with experience managing high capacity staff and volunteers? Would you describe yourself as a gifted visionary, with the ability to motivate others, but also a strategic planner with the ability to articulate the plan to those volunteers you lead? Do you have the gifts to not only envision the plan, but complete the strategy? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to have a career with impact! Samaritan’s Purse is seeking an effective leader, ready for a challenge, with experience managing high capacity volunteers.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Lead volunteer teams in a defined geographic area to accomplish goals in the areas of church, community, media and prayer mobilization and the establishment and retention of a collection network;
- Recruit, select, equip, lead, and develop year-round leader volunteers according to the High Impact model of volunteer ministry;
- Coordinate with Regional Staff and volunteers to create and implement strategic plans and initiatives to accomplish measurable ministry goals.
- Travel throughout the assigned Region, 4 trips per year outside of Region; and possibility of 1 international trip per year. Yearly travel averages 60 - 75 nights per year.
- Potentially serve on the management team in an Operation Christmas Child Processing Center for four weeks in November and December.
We ask that you bring:
- Proven experience in volunteer leadership and management, including motivating and leading volunteer teams in implementing and achieving program goals;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities;
- Self-starter who takes initiative on reaching goals;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, including 12-credit hours of college-level Biblical studies;
- Strong Christian character and support of the mission and objectives of Samaritan’s Purse.
Some of the perks:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
- Daily staff devotions and prayer time
Please make sure to include applicable volunteer experience and a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are qualified for this position specifically. We look forward to speaking to you!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)