Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Under general supervision, performs a wide range of skilled and semi-skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of Sanibel parks and beaches. Skill work assigned includes carpentry, painting, plumbing, concrete laying and minor electrical. Vehicle and light equipment operation is required.
**2 WEEKEND POSITIONS AVAILABLE** (Friday to Monday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and Thursday to Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Performs a variety of jobs in carpentry work including buildings decks, walkways, walkovers, railings and other structures for public access areas.
Prepares structures for painting and paints as required.
Maintains and repairs plumbing facilities and fixtures such as drinking fountains, rest rooms and irrigation systems.
Completes minor electrical work.
Maintains grounds by mowing, pruning shrubs and collecting trash.
Works with concrete, builds forms, mixes, pours and finishes.
Makes minor repairs to equipment.
- Required Education, Experience, License, Registration, and Certification Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED; Vocational training/certification with major course work in the skilled trades, supplemented by one (1) year responsible experience in carpentry, plumbing, painting and minor electrical; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Florida driver's license
Must obtain Sanibel Vegetation Certification within 12 months of hire.
- Supplemental or Additional Information
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, concrete laying, and minor electrical methods and techniques.
Knowledge in use of paints and chemicals used in construction and lawn maintenance.
Knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices.
Ability to use power tools, manual tools, and light equipment such as lawn mowers, weed eater, saws, drills, augers, tillers, compactors and emergency generators.
Ability to perform electrical, welding and other repair and maintenance of assigned facilities and equipment.
Ability to work effectively with other employees.
Skill in the use of power and manual tools and equipment required for repairs, maintenance and testing.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.