Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Assistant
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- Experience (Years)
- Therapy - Physical Therapist Assistant
- Street Address
- 1554 Surgeons Drive
- Select Specialty Hospital
- Position Type
- Per Diem
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapy Assistant
PRN 25-30 Hrs/week
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Physical Therapy Assistant, you assists directly and indirectly with the delivery of Physical Therapy services to include transportation, therapeutic exercises, and functional activities as outlined by treatment plan and in accordance with state practice guidelines
Other responsibilities of the Physical Therapy Assistant position include:
- Implements treatment goals, plans, and programs as established by the Physical Therapist
- Assists the Physical Therapist in carrying out the following therapeutic interventions designed to meet the patients’ long term goals: Posture training,Strengthening exercise, Endurance/cardiac training, Balance exercises,Coordination exercise, Joint mobility and muscle lengthening, Pain relief, Functional skills training, Community re-entry training
- Trains patients in locomotion using orthotics, prosthetics, or assistive devices such as canes, crutches, walkers, and wheelchairs. Demonstrates use of gait, belt, and safety awareness. Demonstrates proper guarding techniques.
- Orders and instructs patients in the use of prescribed equipment
As a Physical Therapy Assistant, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Physical Therapy Assistant role include:
- Valid state PTA license required
- BLS required
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Physical Therapy Assistant position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!