Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*ASST EXEC - HOUSEKEEPER
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Hotel Operations
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Executive Housekeeper, the incumbent is responsible for managing work activities of shift managers and cleaning personnel to ensure a clean, sanitary, and attractive casino environment of the Public Space Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Assigns team member duties and inspects work for conformance to standards of cleanliness.
- Controls supply and equipment use.
- Investigates complaints regarding cleaning and takes corrective action.
- Inspects all public areas and offices to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to administration.
- Conducts orientation of new team members and on-going in-service training of staff to explain company policies, work procedures, use and maintenance of supplies and equipment, and guest service skills.
- Attends training seminars to enhance management and supervisory skills, cleaning techniques and procedures, and enhance productivity.
- Develop department members’ knowledge and skills through education, training, coaching, corrective counseling, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Demonstrate commitment to assisting in the development of Seminole Tribe members participating in the Tribal Career Development program and, when a Seminole Tribe member’s assignment falls within your direct area of responsibility, act as a personal mentor/career advisor to the Tribe Member and submit progress reports and information to the Director of Tribal Development.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to appropriate management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Stays abreast of the current trends and practices within area of responsibility and communicates pertinent information to management, peers, direct reports and team members as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required and three (3) years of experience in a managerial capacity overseeing a large number of public space/environmental services staff. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Casino housekeeping.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).