Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*ASST MANAGER - ROOM SERVICE
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Food & Beverage - Operations
- Requisition ID
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, located minutes from Fort Lauderdale's world-famous beach, features a AAA Four Diamond resort with 469 luxury rooms and suites, over 100 tables, 2000 slot machines, award-winning restaurants, high-energy nightlife, a lagoon-style pool and Beach Club, a Hard Rock-inspired spa, and premium meeting and convention space. The property is currently undergoing a $1.5 billion expansion. When the development is complete in mid-2019, Seminole Hard Rock will be home to an iconic guitar hotel tower that will include a Hard Rock Casino, nearly doubling its current size with 3,267 slot machines, 178 table games plus a new 18,000-square-foot poker room. The existing Hard Rock Live arena will be razed in March 2018, and replaced with a state-of-the-art 7,000-seat Hard Rock Live venue in a theater-style configuration. For more information please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com.
Under the direction of the Room Service Manager and Director of Restaurants assists in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the Room Service Department and ensuring a positive guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure service is carried out in accordance with established policy and that staff maintains the highest levels of guest service.
- Assist Manager the department in the achievement of financial and operational targets via effective policy and procedural development and appropriate team member training activities.
- Liaise with Chef and Sous Chef(s) regarding the operation of the kitchen including making suggestions for improvement to the menu as required.
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and team members a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of the 5F’s Standards at all times.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging team members to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
- Work with Manager in reviewing the performance of team members and assist in administering the performance review process and where required performance management.
- Assist in the selection, training and development of all team members to ensure timely recruitment and career growth.
- Assist the manager in achieving financial KPIs relating to gross revenue, costs of goods sold, team member costs and other operating costs in line with budget.
- Accurate forecasting of business activity and associated costs.
- Assist in the areas of controlling labor cost, cost of sales, daily hours/productivity oversight, maintaining appropriate staffing levels and monthly profit and loss.
- Assist in developing and implementing standard operating procedures for the department. Work in partnership with Training and Development to ensure quality and consistency of service and procedures.
- Resolve guest service queries and concerns with diplomacy and tact.
- Assist in monitoring, evaluating and modifying the quality and consistency of service and product delivery to continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business.
- Ensure that cash handling procedures are adhered to; all shift takings are recorded and investigate variances and discrepancies as required.
- Ensure activities comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, legal demands and professional and ethical standards.
- Conduct personal behavior and select, train, coach, counsel, appraise and retain direct reports who consistently perform actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s Mission and Values of Communication, Integrity, Fun, Respect, Accountability, Passion and Dedication.
- Develop department members’ knowledge and skills through education, training, coaching, corrective counseling, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discreetly notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations.
- Ensure prompt and discreet notification to appropriate management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required and two (2) years of Room Service or Restaurant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One year supervisory experience in a restaurant environment required. Bachelors in Restaurant Management or related field is preferred. Basic wine knowledge required.
- Ability to deliver a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking and time management skills, along with the ability to forecast the time management needs of others.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and guest relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management and controlling labor costs and operating expenses.
- Demonstrated ability in developing productive relationships and managing and driving change.
- Ability to meet internal and external guest needs and to communicate expected standards of service.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).