Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Staff Accountant
at Sherloq Solutions
- 02-Aug-2019 to 01-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Full Time
Looking to work for a high energy, fast paced company that fosters a team environment? An organization with a long history in the community of more than 100 years! Well, you found it. Sherloq Solutions is seeking to add a talented Accountant to our thriving Company. This person will report to the Accounting Manager but will work with the CFO to make a positive difference in the accounting and finance function. Collaborating with all departments, this individual will be responsible for providing support to the period-end accounting, financial reporting, compliance, and risk management.
- Perform month-end closing duties by creating and posting journal entries
- Perform multiple bank and trust account reconciliations, quickly identifying and posting reconciling items
- Post and reconcile consumer / client payments / general ledger invoices and entries
- Work with operations to resolve accounting and posting questions
- Implement a vendor management system to manage vendors, and vendor requirements, process all vendor invoices that flow through the corporate office and ensure integrity of all departments including reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval prior for payment
- Regularly contact vendors and work with operations departments to resolve discrepancies, follow through with solutions.
- Organize and upload invoices into the general ledger system
- Act as liaison to work with operations and accounting to reconcile any cash issues (over/shorts)
- Performs a variety of standard accounting assignments utilizing professional accounting policies, practices, and concepts
- Verify and process expense reports for expense reimbursement or company credit card reconciliation
- Assist with other assignments and special projects as necessary
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
- One to three years of related accounting experience, GAAP preferred
- Proficient with General Ledger Systems (Great Plains) Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Excellent customer service and overall understanding of accounting systems
- Accurate data entry and strong attention to detail are required
- Ability to simplify complex problems and create solutions
- Financial statement consolidation experience required
- Month-end and Year-end closing experience
- Excellent written documentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills
Must pass a drug test and a pre-employment background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin.
Paste the following link into your web browser to view the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program's EEO is the Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EOE AA /Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability