SITA Global Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician Field Ops
at SITA Global Services
Welcome to SITA... We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industries on earth. Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it's our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we're committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
Our Vision: Easy air travel every step of the way
WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
With us there are no limits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Challenge: Our people take on some of the biggest challenges in our industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder and deliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel.
Opportunity: Taking on these challenges opens up a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure they have the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow their careers on a global scale.
At SITA we believe that creating and nurturing an inclusive culture is about who we are as an organisation, and as an employer. Diversity is more than a target to us, it's a key part out of our collective identity and values.
To assure SITA's competitive strength and business growth through the provision of the highest quality technical field services to SITA customers in airports or at their premises.
Perform all field services activities according to SITA standards and procedures maximizing customer satisfaction by the delivery of first class on-site field maintenance and support activities.
To manage and assist the field services team to ensure service delivery quality is maintained through direct assistance in implementing and improving working processes and procedures.
- Provide field operations support to internal and external customers in accordance with the terms of the customer contract and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To ensure the correct functioning and maintenance of all internal and external customer IT equipment and services.
- Perform onsite interventions as a result of a Service Desk request as soon as possible and within the terms of the customer contract and SLAs.
- When required act as the customer SPOC and co-ordinate the scheduling of the onsite intervention with Customer's internal resolver groups and the Service Desk ensuring the highest level of customer services and communications are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA.
- Carry out local repairs of faulty equipment and services to the highest standards and co-ordinate the resolution with the appropriate resolver group.
- Ensure shortest possible repair cycle by initiating the timely return of faulty SITA and Customer equipment according to the customer maintenance contract and SLAs and monitoring closely the replacement of faulty items and spares.
- Manage the replacement of faulty equipment through the use of spares and ensuring the timely replenishment the spare according to prescribed availability and sparing policy.
- Carry out site surveys for new customer premises for preparation for new product and services installation under the guidance of senior team members.
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices in order to deliver quality Field Operations.
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the installation intervention and repairs in accordance with the Field Operations guidelines and instructions where provided.
- Reporting and escalating all observed problems to proper SITA operational escalation points.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of equipment in accordance with agreed schedules and to manufacturer specifications.
- Complete AVMA Daily Diary accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all the required Field Service data is provided and recorded in the correct fields in the SITA Service Hub record for all assigned Incidents & Change Orders.
- Report on the monthly performance of the workshop and provide feedback to the Global Operations regional management teams.
- Perform tests on hardware and software components and be responsible for the co-ordination of local acceptance testing with Customers and 3rd parties.
- Manage local suppliers in the provision of services for the SITA Field Operations centre and report on services provided to management.
Installation of our equipment, including monitors, wall and ceiling mounts, signs, rack, along with excellent cable management practices.
Efficiently learn new software, troubleshoot and repair LAN cabling and connected devices such as video monitors, LED & LCD displays, video controllers and digital audio equipment.
Troubleshooting serial signal distributed computer display systems.
Ability to use test equipment to troubleshoot digital hardware to a component level.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, inclusive of the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers.
Ability to travel on a routine basis, 50% travel is not uncommon.
Own a working automobile and maintain ability to finance travel expenses until reimbursements are submitted.
Ability to lift over 75 pounds, and the desire to provide first class service including weekend on call responsibilities, after hour work and potentially a non-traditional work week.
Minimum Diploma / Certificate level qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent in country IT qualification.- CompTIA A certification required to comply with the global SITA standard.
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.