South Lake Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Nurse Manager - Outpatient Surgery Center (Surgical Services) - Regular Full Time - All Shifts
at South Lake Hospital
Job TitleAssistant Nurse Manager - Outpatient Surgery Center (Surgical Services) - Regular Full Time - All Shifts
LocationSouth Lake Hospital-SLH
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Responsible for the oversight of clinical operations within the assigned practice setting(s) to ensure delivery of safe quality patient care, high patient satisfaction, timely patient access and optimal patient flow.
- Assists in the delivery and management of patient care ensuring compliance with physician orders and established policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Ensures compliance with organizational, regulatory policies and procedures for assigned clinical practice areas. Supports organizational goals and strategic initiatives.
- Works with the manager and physician(s) to design, implement and evaluate care delivery models that improve patient outcomes.
- Ensures the consistent delivery of evidenced based practice standards that are congruent with current national trends for ambulatory nursing care.
- Establishes and coordinates appropriate levels of clinical staffing that meets the daily needs of the patient population.
- Embraces, communicates and promotes change.
- Cultivates exemplary customer service throughout the unit/department.
- Works with manager to identify and achieve compliance with clinical indicators that support the organization's strategic initiatives or plan.
- Develops and mentors team members. Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities.
- Identifies issues arising from individual differences and develops awareness of those issues in nursing staff, medical staff and other health care providers.
- Advocates on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the concerns of patients, families and staff.
- Monitors operational expenses to stay within the established budget. May assist the Practice Manager, Nursing Operations Manager and physician leadership to develop a budget that will meet the financial goals of the organization.
- Performs direct patient care activities as required to meet operational needs.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Knowledge of risk management concepts.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Able to interpret the appropriate information need to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age specific needs and to provide nursing care needed as described in the unit/practice/department's policies and procedures.