South Lake Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager - Observation Unit - Variable Full Time - Nights
at South Lake Hospital
Job TitleClinical Assistant Nurse Manager - Observation Unit - Variable Full Time - Nights
LocationSouth Lake Hospital-SLH
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Administers bedside patient care in a hospital setting under the supervision of a preceptor and/or charge nurse.
- Assesses patients' needs when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Demonstrates awareness of Process Improvement activities on the unit, legal issues and patients' rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe and work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings and/or nursing committees meetings.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing degree.
Maintains current professional license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida.
Maintains current BLS; as determined by specialty area ACLS, PALS, NALS, or TNCC.
Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in the acute care setting.