South Lake Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Safety Attendant - Nursing Float Pool - PRN(As Needed) - Nights
at South Lake Hospital
Job TitlePatient Safety Attendant - Nursing Float Pool - PRN(As Needed) - Nights
LocationSouth Lake Hospital-SLH
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Performs increased visual observation or continuous visual observation of the patient.
- Assists in meeting personal needs and comfort care of the patient in a timely manner, assisting with telephone calls or retrieving personal care items as needed.
- Provides diversionary activities such as reading aloud to the patient.
- Assists the patient with nutrition needs as necessary under the direction of the RN.
- Accompanies the patient to diagnostic testing and procedures.
- Receives report from the RN and previous Patient Safety Attendant and gives report to the RN and oncoming Patient Safety Attendant before leaving.
- Utilizes the Safe Patient Room Environment Checklist with every change of staff or transfer of care as part of handoff for Baker Act, behavioral health, and suicide risk patients.
- Ensures the safety of suicidal and homicidal patients. Observes for any changes in the patient's behaviors or actions and immediately reports them to the RN.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Remains alert at all times. Practices efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean and safe patient care environment.
- Receives and processes incoming calls, patient calls and guest requests.
- Maintains knowledge and skill level necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and status of the patients served.