South Lake Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Staff (24/7) - Experienced - Intensive Care Unit - Per Diem (As Needed) - Nights
at South Lake Hospital
Job TitleRN Staff (24/7) - Experienced - Intensive Care Unit - Per Diem (As Needed) - Nights
LocationSouth Lake Hospital-SLH
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Provides direct bedside patient care on a unit that regularly staffs RNs on a 24 hour, 7 day per week basis.
- Assess patient's needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Prescribes, delegates, coordinates and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful and consistent manner including, but not limited to, patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients' rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe and organized unit.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings and/or nursing committees meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional development needs.
- Serves on hospital, department and/or nursing committees as required.