South Lake Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sonographer/Mammography - Mammography - PRN(As Needed) - Days
at South Lake Hospital
Job TitleSonographer/Mammography - Mammography - PRN(As Needed) - Days
LocationSouth Lake Hospital-SLH
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County. Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Performs diagnostic sonographic imaging to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services, maintaining a caring demeanor.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to sonography.
- Adheres to policy, procedures, protocols, mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
- Assesses the patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Acquires patient's clinical history and provide accurate documentation.
- Positions patient, equipment, and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses sonographic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.
- Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
- Administers medical aid as required for any emergency situation.
- Wears protective apparel as required by Standard Precautions policy.
- Applies sterile technique for sterile sonography procedures.
- Assists in supervision of students.
- Utilizes Corporate Radiology Information systems, effectively and accurately.
- Protects patients' privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Follows established standards of practice for image processing and interpretation.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Maintains well stocked and organized work areas.
- Performs other duties as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and quality exams.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a Sonographer/Mammography to join our team. Interested candidates will have the following
- Graduate of accredited school of sonography or meets American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) eligibility guidelines.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certificate.
- Maintains current AIDS certification.
South Lake Hospital is currently looking for a Sonographer I to join our Team. Interested candidates will have the following...
- None. Knowledge of routine ultrasound procedures which may include invasive procedures such as biopsies, amniocentesis, thoracentesis, breast cyst aspiration, breast localization, Doppler, 3D/4D, pediatric echocardiography required.