Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Save Desk Representative, Account Specialist
Small company feel, big company benefits. At Staples your work is visible, and excellent performance is rewarded. You'll get to see the results of your work in the businesses' growth. As part of the Staples, Inc. organization, and specifically, the Staples Business Advantage division (non-retail), you'll enjoy an extensive benefits program and a bounty of career growth opportunities. The key to our success is personalization - Staples utilizes the most current information technology to make it easy for our customers to get the right product, with the right offer, at the right time. Our associates are committed to making every experience with Staples fast, simple and hassle-free.
As a Save Desk Representative, you are in the unique position to call on customers whose purchasing has recently lapsed or declined. Using key selling tools, you will work shared accounts and target those responsible for decision-making and purchasing with the goal of getting them back on track and buying more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proactively maintain a high outbound contact volume and sell to multiple buyer levels within small to large-sized customers
· Determine why customers stop purchasing and tailor your approach to win them back by leveraging customer data, customer retention plays and the overall interaction that you have with them.
· Use the Staples value proposition that is personalized to pitch and close business for existing Staples customers
· Convert customer interactions into profitable revenue sources and drive customer loyalty by encouraging them to sign up for or renew a membership.
· Close a deal on the phone if a sales opportunity exists, qualifying opportunities for category specialists. Obtain customer insight data for customers (e.g., competitive information, purchasing behavior, product needs, why they stopped buying, reasons to not renew a membership etc.) and leverage knowledge to respond to sales objections
· Distribute promotional material in support of campaigns
· Ensure Salesforce.com is always up to dates with customer information and activities
· Professionally represents Staples in all customer interactions
· Ability to adapt to new sales systems/communication methods
· Required to work out of an inside sales center, achieving daily activity metrics
· High school diploma or GED
· Strong communication skills (phone and email)
· Computer proficiency
· Coachable. Open to receiving feedback
· Tenacious, works through challenges
· Engaging over the phone, friendly
· Demonstrated time management skills
· At least one (1) year successful experience working with customers
· Proven self-starter with energy and motivation to uncover, develop, and close sales
· Strong relationship building skills
· Ability to quickly identify decision-makers and influencers within small to large-sized customers
· Results orientation, competitive spirit, positive attitude, curiosity, strong work ethic, highly self-motivated