Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Stetson University
Oversees all office functions to assure accurate and confidential administration and management of all academic records for the College of Law. Provides support to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervising, training, and evaluating office staff, and supervising the work flow and communications within the office.
- Maintaining official student records and ensuring proper access; tracking progress toward graduation for each student.
- Managing web-based registration process, including assisting in developing the class schedule and final examination schedule, registering incoming students for class sections, creating and maintaining system for initial bidding for classes and for altering class schedule, working with financial aid office to ensure registering students have completed financial obligations, and working with Associate Dean for Academics to reduce wait lists for classes.
- Processing applications for audit and transfer students, working with Associate Dean for Academics to provide schedules for transfer students and to determine the appropriate number of transferred credits and the remaining graduation requirements for transfer students.
- Overseeing administration of examinations, including recruiting and training of examination proctors, resolving examination conflicts, coordinating examination accommodations for students, and arranging examination rooms.
- Collecting and reporting student grades, notifying the Associate Dean for Academics of compliance with grade normalization, and calculating and reporting class rank.
- Counseling students regarding academic status, graduation requirements, and other academic policies; administering a variety of academic and administrative policies.
- Certifying students’ good standing and providing notification regarding students who are no longer in good standing and/or are subject to other academic probationary policies; coordinating information for boards of bar examiners, including compilation of data for dean certificates.
- Compiling data and preparing reports as needed by other departments, administration, and outside agencies.
- Helping ensure compliance with various accreditation rules and standards.
- Participating in various informational sessions for prospective, admitted, and entered students.
- Maintaining the Registrar’s Office web page, including the course catalog.
- Interacting with faculty, students, other department heads, and staff.
- Serving as a member of the Student Support and Emergency Team.
- Attending monthly faculty meetings, Dean’s Staff meetings, and department head meetings.
- Participating on committees as assigned by the Dean.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean for Academics.
B.A./B.S. degree required, from an accredited institution. Master's degree preferred. At least 5 years’ experience as a Registrar, Assistant Registrar, or similar administrative position at a law school, college, or university. Management experience and ability to lead a team. In lieu of degree, consideration for years of experience in an education environment, or satisfactory combination of education and/or experience. An ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of student records management principles, regulations, policies, and procedures. Ability to provide excellent customer service. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Skill in the use of computerized student information systems. Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Knowledge of law school academic and graduation requirements and eligibility requirements for bar examinations. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment. Employee development and performance management skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships, both internally and externally. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, required.
Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. A working knowledge of Banner and Soft Suite Access is preferred.