Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Graphic Designer
at Stetson University
The Senior Graphic Designer works as part of an integrated team and is responsible for leading strategic digital, motion and print design that promote the brand of Stetson University, ensuring that the resulting creative is connective and compelling, and is within the guidelines of the university’s brand standards, aligning with marketing strategies and objectives.
- Provide strategic design leadership and “big picture” campaign conceptualization
- Effectively listen, problem-solve, and translate ideas creatively into print and electronic media with consistency
- Work from strategy under the supervision of the Marketing AVP, providing project leadership across the institution and its’ various departments, serving as a design expert in digita, print and social media
- Effectively lead and manage creative projects and communicate project timing, processes and creative concept to internal and external representatives
- Confidently present our institutional brand to the public and internal community effectively, keeping projects on target, within identity standards, and consistent across media channels
- Provide design project leadership from inception to completion and translate ideas
to both print and electronic media with consistency working directly with clients
- Able to understand data, strategy and how leverage key insights in graphic design with a solid understanding of digital and print production requirements
- Set up, develop, and produce strategic marketing materials within the university brand
- Coordinate and manage projects across university divisions to insure consistency of message, marketing objectives and brand, while keeping within deadlines
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Strong communication skills with a solid understanding of advertising principles, design best practices, typography, web and media trends, marketing strategy and print production
- Understanding of web trends and HTML/CSS with the ability to be an active partner in web design and web graphic creation
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Mac platform.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro
- Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment and work well within a multidisciplinary team keeping projects on strategy and timelines
- Provide expertise with both raster and vector base graphics, including the creation retouching and editing of both photographic and illustrative imagery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Marketing or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in a professional design/creative environment