Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Nursery RN U (R330)
at Steward Health Care System
The Nursery nurse will possess a minimum of 1 year level II NICU experience and is NRP certified. Able to attend high-risk deliveries, resuscitate and stabilize newborns, and care for infants on respiratory support and IV fluids. In addition, the Nursery nurse will be required to care for stable mother-baby couplets and post-partum mothers.
- Performs an accurate physical, emotional, and psychosocial assessment of assigned patients within established time guidelines. Completes any assigned audits to assure that chart is accurate and complete
- Initiates appropriate plan of care, nursing intervention and accurate documentation of records of assigned patients in a timely fashion.
- Consults and works collaboratively with appropriate member of the health care team in planning patient care.
- Updates plan of care as necessarily based on continually assessment of patient response to care; demonstrates sound clinical judgement adaptable of patient changing needs and documents completely.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching/instruction methods for parents and significant other of assigned patients and documents use of these approaches PRN
- Takes responsibility for all patient care assignments while maintaining quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates an ability to respond and to provide direction in changing workload, during crisis and emergency situations within the FBP/NICU
- Reviews work in progress to ensure that all treatments, medications, and diagnostic tests ordered by the physicians are expeditiously and properly carried out.
- Reports assessment parameters to care providers.
- Accurately administers medications and performs treatments in accordance with the medical plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing and administrative structure and chain of command; follows proper lines of communication.
- Demonstrates knowledge of risk management and infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge in the use of equipment and devices pertinent to patient care, procedures, and practices.
- Attends at least eight staff meeting each year. Signs minutes for those months unable to attend
- Meets continuing education requirements and competencies for unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the correct use of all forms required in the day to day operation of the unit.
- Demonstrates familiarity of crash cart functions and supplies.
- Provides proper notification and advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Takes responsibility to complete annual physical within allotted time frame.
- Appears well groomed and observes the hospital dress code; Wears identification badge while on duty; maintains a professional appearance.
- Performance improvement shown following a documented verbal counseling on any of the above indicators.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pre-op and pre-procedure requirements (ie: Labs, EKG) based on patients age, sex and health status.
- Explains procedures and treatments ordered to gain patients’ cooperation, allay apprehension, and promote compliance.
- Responds to patients and visitors with empathy and positive interpersonal skills both on the unit and throughout the organization.
- Communicates findings with other appropriate team members while ensuring confidentiality of patients’ records.
- Responds promptly to patient’s requests and call lights whether or not assigned to that patient.
- Assesses and anticipates patients’ needs, as documented in the medical record.
- Assesses and appropriately compensates for sensory deficits in the geriatric population.
- Assesses the need for parent involvement for the pediatric patient.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- American Heart Association Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) (within 90 days of hire date)