Suncoast Schools Fcu
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Servicing Analyst
at Suncoast Schools Fcu
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3927a7af-6f66-4e22-a2a5-415d29cd6e08
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares mortgage payoff letters from host computer system and/or mortgage servicing system according to established guidelines and within regulatory time frames.
- Prepares and reviews mortgage documents for accuracy and completeness, including, but not limited to, mortgage satisfactions, partial releases, subordinations, and modification agreements. Updates servicing system with applicable changes.
- Processes mortgage rate buy down requests. Uses amortization software to calculate new monthly payments and prepares documents for members to sign.
- Communicates with members and updates data on the host computer system and/or mortgage servicing system that may include property taxes, insurance, payoffs, satisfactions, subordinations, payment postings and corrections, waivers of late charges, and payment or cancellation of Private Mortgage Insurance. Researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Re-amortizes payments on loans where large principal curtailments were made and completes documentation required by Fannie Mae.
- Processes flood re-determinations. Communicates with members, updates servicing systems, and researches disputed flood zone changes.
- Responds in a timely manner to a wide variety of mortgage servicing requests submitted to department queue to assist Credit Union staff with member inquiries.
- Reviews, processes, and inputs information into mortgage servicing system for ACH payment processing. Works with EFT Department and members to resolve discrepancies.
- Works a wide variety of reports to monitor and ensure accuracy of data input into mortgage servicing system. Completes file maintenance as needed in system.
- Communicates with members by telephone and electronic or regular mail, on a variety of topics on their existing or previous mortgage loan(s) with the Credit Union.
- Executes numerous system jobs, including escrow disclosures, tax service updates, private mortgage insurance disbursements, and disclosures. Educates and assists members and Credit Union staff with reading and understanding the documents produced.
- Completes file maintenance for approved mortgage due date extensions, mortgage loan transfers, Member Solutions workout loans, and modifications. Generates and mails approval letter to member when required. Monitors and reports required monthly data to Member Solutions Department.
- Assists Insurance Services Department with establishing disbursement schedules in the mortgage servicing system for insurance payees and for the timely payment of escrow items.
- May assist with testing new software releases as it relates to the core and mortgage servicing systems.
- Attends job-specific training classes as requested by manager. Completes annual BSA/AML compliance training and understands employee’s role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance program, and completes FACT Act Red Flag training.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 or more years progressively responsible mortgage or loan servicing experience, preferably with a financial institution.
- Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Accurate, detail-oriented, and organized. Able to resolve routine problems and situations.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products, services, policies, and procedures pertinent to the job.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer systems and software applications required to perform job duties.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with members, staff, vendors, and government regulators. Able to communicate information that requires some explanation or interpretation.
- Work is closely supervised.