Tallahassee Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant - P00815
at Tallahassee Community College
**Anticipated Vacancy For October 2019**
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
$35,848.00.00 - $39,560.72 annually; all salary calculations to start at the minimum salary
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday
Human Resources (850) 201-8510 or via email at email@example.com
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Executive Assistant is housed within the Student Affairs Office and reports directly to the Vice President. The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the executive assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs, responsible for the daily operational needs and supervision of the Office of Vice President for Student Affairs. Prepares correspondence, contracts, informational distributions, work orders, requisitions, etc. as required. Assists with coordination of completing College Catalog and Student Handbook. Prepares budget spreadsheets for Vice President for Student Affairs. Supervises Staff Assistant I providing daily assignments.
- Serves as the liaison between students and the Enrollment Appeals Committee, by discussing the appeal process and collecting required information for the Committee. Experiences daily contact with students and parents, Executive Team members, other Executive Assistants and Executive Coordinator, Financial Aid Director, Academic Divisions, and members of the community. Monitors the Student Complaint Logs and distributes to appropriate departments for resolution and maintains documentation for SACSCOC compliance.
- Coordinates yearly commencement including student graduation orientations, contract with vendors, edit of program, required purchase orders and contracts, and other details of the commencement process. Prints all diplomas for the College.
- Maintains the Vice President’s calendar and arranges appointments. Schedules the Vice President’s itinerary and makes travel arrangements. Maintains time and attendance for Staff Assistant I.
- Assists Vice President and Student Affairs Leadership at meetings and in the office. Transcribes and distributes minutes from various meetings including standing committees chaired by Vice President for Student Affairs.
MINIMUM TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of business administration, clerical, office administration or related field. Years of experience can substitute on a year for year basis for education. Preference given to those with experience in an educational setting.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING: Knowledge of College policies and procedures. Knowledge of appropriate State policies and procedures. Knowledge of various techniques for researching information from various areas and compiling and storing same for easy access. Knowledge of office procedures and functions within an executive office setting. Knowledge of basic accounting procedures. Ability to work cooperatively within the office and with other College offices. Ability to update technical skills as needed to perform functions of the position. Ability to adjust to organizational changes. Ability to prioritize tasks. Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, functions and special events. Ability to make timely decisions (as required by the position). Ability to recognize and keep current with trends in the professional executive secretary field; ability to adapt these trends as appropriate to the office. Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and the public in a professional and pleasant manner. Ability to compose and type correspondence; prepare minutes, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, perform multi-tasks and complete by established deadline, evaluate and prepare statistics for various reports. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to work independently with attention to accuracy and detail. Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information. Ability to make sound and independent judgments. Ability to use a variety of software programs to include Microsoft Office 2007. Ability to balance a budget and manage related budgetary tasks. Ability to operate a multi-line telephone. Skill in operating a personal computer within a Windows environment. Skill in effective telephone and other equipment-related communications. Skill in effective written and verbal communications. Skill in using word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet software.
Preference is given to veterans and spouses who are eligible under the Veterans' Preference Law. At time of application, submittal of Form DD214 is the minimum requirement for veterans' preference claim. Note: Please upload your DD214 as an attachment as part of your application at the time of submission.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The selected candidate identified for this position will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting.
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 239 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-6074, firstname.lastname@example.org
All persons are encouraged to apply.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources at (850) 201-8510.