Tallahassee Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recruitment Specialist - P01095
at Tallahassee Community College
**Application Deadline: Open Until Filled **
Center for Workforce Development
$37,281.00 – $40,830.20 annually; all salary calculations to start at the minimum salary
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Human Resources (850) 201-8510 or via email at email@example.com
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Recruitment Specialist is housed within Workforce Development and reports directly to the Vice President. The Recruitment Specialist will conduct outreach and recruitment within the region and outside the region. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate activities in support of the Division’s workforce development programs including but not limited to Post-Secondary Adult Vocation (PSAV), Continuing Workforce (CE), Adult Education and some credit programs as determined appropriate; Communicate with students in person, on the phone and virtually; Guide students through the application, admission, orientation and registration processes; provide pre-collegiate and career advising to prospective students; manage ongoing contact and good public relations with students, staff and the community; Strive to convert “interested prospects” into enrollment; Coordinate track and communicate with students during the admissions process.
- Coordinate with workforce development program coordinators to ensure understanding and knowledge of current program course offerings.
- Develop and deploy marketing strategies that include marketing materials, webpage updates, social media content and newsletters.
- Reviews and interprets placement and other standardized test scores, unofficial transcripts, and course prerequisites.
- Plan and attend college recruiting activities including college fairs, outreach activities in the community and other appropriate meetings and events. Coordinate recruiting activities with other TCC recruiting personnel (i.e. Student Affairs, Business Industry and Technology and Perkins.).
MINIMUM TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree from an accredited college or university and five years of responsible work in an educational institution or in a comparable professional environment conducting recruiting and outreach related activities; or a Bachelor’s Degree, and three years of related experience; or a Master’s Degree, and two years of related experience.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING: Knowledge of College admissions requirements, policies, procedures, academic programs, assessment instruments, graduation requirements, university transfer requirements and the Florida articulation system, career planning, unofficial transcript evaluation, and other areas related to College programs and division activities. Knowledge of the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must have oral and written communication skills to share accurate and reliable information with students, faculty, staff and the general public. Public speaking skills. Ability to provide extensive contact with the public in person, email or by phone. Ability to be detailed-oriented. Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate college events. Work independently, and in a team. Make sound judgments. Administer and interpret assessment results. Provide information sessions. Operate a personal computer. Drive a motor vehicle for distances up to 100 miles (25%) and must possess a valid driver’s license.
Preference is given to veterans and spouses who are eligible under the Veterans' Preference Law. At time of application, submittal of Form DD214 is the minimum requirement for veterans' preference claim. Note: Please upload your DD214 as an attachment as part of your application at the time of submission.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The selected candidate identified for this position will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check, which may include fingerprinting.
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 239 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-6074, firstname.lastname@example.org
All persons are encouraged to apply.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources at (850) 201-8510.