Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Generator Field Technician
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Job Reference #: 1133
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets.
- Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses safety devices, shutdown switches, and battery systems.
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts.
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo.
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
- Must be able to travel, in company service vehicle, throughout the local counties.
- Must be able to be on-call for emergency services
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of generator systems; from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred.
- Graduation from a Technical school is desired to include generators, diesel, power gen, electric power, relay or substation technology, etc.
- Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and great customer service skills are a must.
- Must have satisfactory driving record with the ability to obtain a DOT medical certification.
- Must be able to respond to emergency service calls as needed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.