Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Construction Director working for Taylor Morrison you will be leading & supporting our Construction & Warranty Department. This critical position in our organization provides field leadership for all construction activities including the hiring, training, managing and motivating of direct reports on the construction team. This role will also have responsibility to ensure highest quality of product delivered to our customers on time and within budget.
We trust that as a Construction Director you will: (responsibilities)
- Ensure that all construction positions are well staffed with individuals that are competent in technical abilities, cost control measures, administrative and customer service skills
- Provide training to the Superintendent group
- Manage construction budgets on each home and ensure that all shortages/overages on Construction Budgets are reported
- Work collaboratively with all functional peers and foster a team environment with Superintendents and Sales and Marketing to ensure that good communication, coordination of activities and effective problem solving occurs
- Ensure that our Labor Trades are following OSHA Rules and Regulations and provided weekly feedback on their performance
- Recruit and continuously evaluate subcontractors for quality standards and scheduling deadlines
- Support land acquisition and development activities as needed
- Ensure the understanding of and adherence to the safety program by all construction personnel
- Ensure that all construction personnel are trained and knowledgeable of our warranty program
- Monitor and ensure that the schedule is met on each home
- Monitor and insure the success of the Quality Control process
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Business or other related field and/or have 5-8 years’ experience in a similar management-level position with a high-volume homebuilder
- Five years direct experience in progressively responsible positions with a production homebuilder
- General Contractor’s license as applicable
- Computer literacy
- Formal OSHA training is preferred
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong self-organization skills
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees;
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work;
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees;
- Determining work techniques;
- Planning the work;
- Apportioning work among employees;
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed;
- Planning budgets for work;
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance;
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.