Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Taylor Morrison
Job Description SummaryAs a Loan Consultant, your primary responsibility is performing production functions related to meeting the financing needs of our customers through consideration of all available product options within prescribed performance standards. You will be responsible for the overall customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each individual loan that is originated from the application stage to closing to include, but not limited to: counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers, taking complete and accurate applications, obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock-in information while overseeing the loan status for all interested parties.
We trust that as a Loan Consultant you will: (Responsibilities)
- Conduct pre-qualification of all applicants based on the established credit criteria
- Originate loans based on company policies, procedures, and HUD / FNMA / FHLMC / VA guidelines while meeting both qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Increase the Mortgage Capture success rate at throughout the respective builder divisions
- Use Finance as a sales tool to highlight value and utilize builder incentives to tailor contributions in the best interest of the customer
- Assist customers in the education and selection of loan products and work with them to secure loan approval
- Provide exceptional customer service to all borrowers by building rapport, maintaining extensive product knowledge and providing regular updates throughout the loan approval and home buying journey
- Work with Processing and Underwriting teams on loan restructures and approval solutions
- Negotiate and secure rate lock and initiate any price exception requests with management as needed
- Prepare and distribute all Federal and State initial disclosures for all product selected
- Maintain strong business relationships with division employees throughout the organization
- You are willing to perform other duties as they are assigned
What you will need: (Competencies, Behaviors & Attributes)
- Business Process and Detail Oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Customer Focused
- Ethics & Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Two (2) plus years of mortgage lending experience in our current lending environment
- Maintain a current Residential Mortgage Loan Originator license in the states you are supporting
- Applicants must have knowledge of FNMA / FHLMC and FHA / VA / USDA guidelines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to perform in a high-volume environment, meet deadlines and conduct business in a professional manner required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.