TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Before/Aftercare Director - Renaissance Charter School at Tapestry
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversees Day-to-Day Operations of Before and Aftercare Program
- Oversees registration of students into program.
- Monitors staff and students.
- Oversees proper student sign-in and dismissal procedures for Before Care.
- Oversees proper student check-in and dismissal procedures for After Care.
- Observes who enters and leaves child care area.
- Oversees and/or assists students with homework.
- Oversees and/or passes out snacks.
- Oversees and /or plays with students on playground.
- Coordinates field trips.
Ensures Proper Infrastructure of Before and Aftercare Program
- Ensures background check work references have been conducted on staff.
- Organizes and plans for age specific craft/entertainment programs.
- Purchases crafts and snacks.
- Organizes and plans for Spring/Summer Camp Programs if applicable.
- Submits reports and maintain records.
Oversees Finances of Before and Aftercare Program
- Plans budget in coordination with Business Administrator or Regional Business Administrator.
- Ensures compliance to Budget.
- Receives and handles money in accordance with CSUSA guidelines.
- Oversees collection of A/R and NSF checks.
- Maintains accurate financial records.
- Maintains up to date data base of customers.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Has the ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
- Has the ability to work with large amounts of data, to research and interpret records, to detect errors, and make the necessary corrections.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to implement best practices.
- Has the ability to be courteous and professional when dealing with parents, children and other co-workers.
- Possesses strong supervisory skills
- Frequent reaching and stretching to pass out snacks.
- Frequent bending and flexing of arms and legs to play active games with children.
- Light work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally (ice coolers), and/or up to 20 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Usual child care working conditions
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High School Diploma, or higher.
- Three (3) years experience in childcare management.
- Special certifications, i.e. CPR training, preferred.
- Computer literacy; proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS). Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Requires fingerprint/background check with district prior to start date.