TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker- Renaissance Charter School at Crown Point
at TC Howe Community High School
10 MONTH POSITION
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives deliveries properly – including accuracy of delivery compared to what was ordered, rotating stock, and putting delivery away.
- Stocks the food serving line for that day.
- Ensures proper, safe temperature of foods before serving.
- Prepares and serves meals in a timely manner.
- Cleans up kitchen and serving line.
- Takes trash (including breaking down boxes) to dumpster.
- Stocks for the next day including pulling appropriate food items from freezer.
- Deals courteously with the public.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with school faculty, staff and students.
- Maintains high standards of work habits, sanitation and safety.
- Maintains records and reports as required by supervisor.
- Understands, follows, and gives oral and written directions.
- Ensures cash drawer is in balance.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Time Management – Prioritizing, Organizing.
- Communication – Oral, Written, Listening.
- Proper food handling procedures.
- Understands and practices safety and sanitation.
- Stand for long lengths of time
- Lift up to 40 pounds.
- Stock deliveries and keep the area free of obstacles.
- Sweep floors.
- Ability to break down boxes and carry trash to dumpster.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Heat resistant mitts
- Room temperature may be warm when the ovens are working.
- May be noisy during meals due to heavy student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter School USA’s Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent preferred.
- Two years (2) experience in food service preferred.
- Knowledge of computer, cash register, and/or food processing machinery as related to specific job functions preferred.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.