TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Night Custodian - Duval Charter School Westside
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean assigned areas:
- Interior - Hallways, Restrooms, Offices, Classrooms, Multi-purpose Room, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Exterior – Perimeter of school building, parking lot, playground, windows, and any other area assigned by supervisor
- Empty Trash from any and all trash receptacles.
- Dust FF&E, window sills, air vents and any other area assigned by supervisor.
- Clean and sterilize restroom facilities.
- Clean up bodily messes including vomit, feces, urine and blood in accordance with training.
- Remove waste in cafeteria for breakfast and lunch.
- Assist with cleaning cafeteria tables.
- Keep cafeteria floors at an acceptable clean level.
- Sterilize all high use areas to reduce the spread of bacteria and any other harmful agents.
- Assist Head Custodian with cleaning projects or tasks.
- Assist with the creation and aide in building preventative maintenance processes and monitoring systems for extended life of facility related components.
- Travel may be required to nearby schools or warehouse/storage.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and janitorial sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Supervisor.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies.
Director of Projects & Facilities will assess the effectiveness annually with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities in coordination with school administration, maintenance coordinator and head custodian:
- Must carry hand-held radio at all times while on school property if assigned by Supervisor.
- Must stay on school property at all times – from beginning of work day until the end of the day, including lunch.
- Assigned a 30-minute lunch break but the time of the lunch period will be changed accordingly to the school’s needs. All Custodians are required to report and assist with all emergency situations as needed.
- No Custodian is allowed to leave campus to run errands (personally or for the school) without permission from their Facilities Supervisor.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
- Education – minimum high school graduate with continuing education construction or facilities related.
- Experience – A minimum of 1 years of janitorial trade experience.
- Special Qualifications –Must possess the above knowledge, skills, and abilities (Skills and Knowledge).