TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hall Monitor - FCUS
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol assigned facilities including buildings, parking lots, and equipment; check for security, and equipment; check for security, vandalism or casualty losses, and report all incidences to the appropriate designer.
- Oversee pick up and drop off procedures.
- Maintain visitor/building log accurately and assist visitors to school buildings using the appropriate procedures.
- Monitor hallways and open areas during passing time.
- Monitor cafeteria during student lunch time.
- Successfully participate in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignment.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Monitor electronic school security system.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by school administrators.
- Follow federal and state laws as well as School Board policies.
OTHER SPECIAL SKILLS
- Ability to recognize potentially unsafe or out of the ordinary situations while providing security to the facility.
- Possess thorough knowledge of all types of fire extinguishers and how to use them properly.
- Ability to identify authorized vehicles and persons designated to be on premises during his/her shift.
- Must be alert, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Bilingual skills preferred but not required.
- Computer skills as required for the position.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Availability to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work and interact with individuals, especially students, at all level of the organization.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive security reports.
- Ability to establish a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to establish excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral, Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Computer Basics – Windows Explorer, MS Word, Electronic school security system.
- Knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of employment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA’s policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High school diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program preferred.
- Two (2) years of successful experience as a building security employee or at least three (3) years of supervisory experience in the security profession.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.