TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Technician - Renaissance Charter School at Goldenrod
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a Level 1 IT technician maintaining system availability of critical and non-essential
business systems, and instructional support systems.
- Provide superior customer support to the school administrators and teachers through both onsite presence and remote access.
- Monitor support requests to determine larger-scale issues.
- Provide regular written and verbal updates to the Regional IT Operations Manager on the operational status of systems supporting the education environment.
- Provide updates to the regional IT operations manager on any issue out of the scope or skill range of technician promptly.
- Maintain disaster recovery and prevention procedures.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and
proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Regional IT Operations Manager.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company’s goals and strategic priorities
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability; positive and professional phone etiquette.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Strong track record for analyzing problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively.
- Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Student-centered working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit for long periods of time when troubleshooting problems or walk around within a school environment for long periods of time.
- Travel within or outside of the State.
- Light work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 15 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA’s policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- CompTIA A Certification Required
- High School, Technical School or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of experience and/or training in the field related to the title of the position.
- Strong technical ability.
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites as If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum standards of the State.
- Experience with complex systems and/or in an educational environment preferred; mastery in Student Information System (SIS) and other software used in the organization.
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.