Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Field Ambassador
The Field Ambassador role serves a narrowly defined local area by engaging, equipping, and empowering coaches, athletes and volunteers to fulfill FCA’s mission on a very limited, part-time basis.
By serving 15 hours or less a week, the Field Ambassador develops and leads FCA ministry to coaches and athletes in both on-campus and off-campus sports environments as assigned by the Area Director as part of the Vision-Based Staffing Plan.
Volunteer Ministry Development
- Establishes and builds rapport with key community leaders through various means of service with the goal of developing FCA ministry in that assigned context.
- Based on the Director’s instruction, personally serves and ministers to coaches and their teams to build rapport and set an example for others to follow as fully empowered FCA leaders
Field Ministry Leadership
- Engage coaches, athletes, and volunteers to fulfill the vision of FCA through gospel presentation and ministry by forming coach’s huddles, team huddles, multi-sport huddles, camps, and one-on-one discipleship.
- Equips coaches, athletes, and volunteers with the essentials for faithful gospel presentation and ministry through FCA huddles, camps, and events.
- Empowers coaches, athletes, and volunteers to lead others through FCA huddles, camps, and events as well as one-on-one discipleship.
Financial Ministry Development
- The Field Ambassador may also be asked to aid in the development of donors and related donor ministry.
- Is self-motivated to take action on tasks and see them through to completion.
- Manages time effectively to assure responsibilities are met and S.M.A.R.T. goals are achieved.
- Is not overly reliant upon supervisor direction to get the job done.
- Can effectively communicate thoughts and ideas through verbal and written skills.
- Can speak publicly in a confident and compelling way, inspiring others to take action.
- Can adjust style of communication based upon the audience or listener.
- Can listen well and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Can facilitate and lead meetings.
- Can build an effective team through the empowerment of volunteers.
- Can attract and retain high quality individuals.
- Presents a professional image in terms of temperament, style and attitude.
- Takes personal responsibility for fulfilling commitments.
Coaching and Development of People
- Sets clear and measurable performance goals for volunteers within their specific roles.
- Identifies strengths and developmental needs in the people they lead.
- Assures that all people they lead are properly trained to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Holds people accountable for goals.
- Gives specific, constructive, objective-based feedback and recognition.
- Can effectively organize people and resources to accomplish S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and passion.
- Can handle several different projects at one time.
- Assures that objectives are met.
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs and Values for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations:
- Beliefs: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs.
- Christian Conduct Standards: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity
- Distinctly Christian Activities: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as worship and prayer services.
- Ministerial Duties: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
This position is at-will employment, meaning that either the employee or FCA can discontinue employment at any time, with or without notice and with or without cause. Also, FCA can modify this Position Description at any time. The Position Description does not create a contract (express or implied) or enforceable promise or representation.
Job Description & Activities
This Field Ambassador position will help to coordinate the Coaches Ministry in Breavrd county.