The City of Cape Coral
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract Preschool Teacher / Four Freedoms Park / Parks & Recreation #5644
at The City of Cape Coral
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT CITY OF CAPE CORAL EMPLOYEES AND THE PUBLIC IS WELCOME TO APPLY.
THIS IS A (PART-TIME) POSITION WORKING 16.5 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY FROM 8:00 A.M. TO 2:00 P.M.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and initiating recreational specific programs in correspondence to the facility guidelines.
- Must be able to uphold all City policies and procedures while meeting all of the specific divisional guidelines.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, implementation of lesson plans, the supervision and safety of participants, cash handling and daily reporting, inventory control, superior communication skills, child discipline, processing of registrations, computer skills, miscellaneous daily paper work required by (CFS) and general cleanup.
- Will have on-site decision making authority and will relay all important matters to the Supervisor daily.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Individuals assigned to this classification must report to work per their assigned schedule. Parks and Recreation staff must be willing to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma/GED required.
- First Aid, CPR, and a valid Florida Class "E" Driver's License required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Children and Family Services (CFS) 40 hour training required within (1) year of hire or promotion. (Must be registered within 90 days of hire or promotion).
- Responsible fr 10 additional hours yearly of in-service training as outlined in (CFS) guidelines.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or Equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with preschool or elementary age children required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.