The Fresh Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Fresh Market
- Requisition ID
- Talent Areas
- Front End Department
- Position Type
Courtesy Clerks assist in the quick and efficient checkout service of our customers by ensuring the proper bagging of groceries at the checkout stand and providing carry-out service. They conduct price checks, take “return” products back to proper shelf locations, and help maintain store shelves by cleaning and fronting products. They also gather shopping carts from parking lots, sweep and mop floors, assist in the prompt cleanup of spills and attend to other general housekeeping duties.
What you will do in a typical day:
- Guest Service is a priority! Provide excellent guest service by:
- Greeting guests and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance with accurate and timely information, making product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Smooth and efficient checkout of guests, including bagging products, answering guest questions regarding store specials, products, and services offered.
- Merchandising and stocking a variety of the front end’s products and specialty items throughout the day. Assist all activities on the front end department, including price checks and product returns.
- Ensuring all guest bathrooms are cleaned by washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, and washing floors.
- Gather shopping carts from parking lots, assist in the prompt cleanup of spills and attend to other general housekeeping duties through out the store & front end.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
Working Condition & Physical Requirements
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, lifting, bending, reaching and exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his/her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-60 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 80 pounds occasionally
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, ladders, step stool and box cutters.
It’s a bonus if you bring:
- Experience in the retail, restaurant, or hospitality industries
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.