The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Area Manager
at The Geo Group
The position oversees program operations within a specified state or geographic area. Maintains good customer relations, develops new business opportunities, monitors adherence to budgets, and ensure contract compliance. Learns, uses and models principles of the "What Works" system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
This role has been posted in the anticipation of a contract award with the Florida Department of Corrections.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains on gong communication with high-profile customers to develop and enhance positive relationships, and promote Company products and services.
- Oversees the implementation of all operational service provision and documentation functions for offices within a specific state or region.
- Ensures that programs function in a manner that satisfies contractual obligations.
- Develops timely accurate reports on the status of program operations for customers and executive management.
- Monitors programmatic systems and procedures to achieve and maintain optimal effectiveness of operational programs.
- Works to achieve continual improvement in customer service and outcomes.
- Develops and approves recommendations for annual operational budgets in conjunction with appropriate administrators. Distributes resources appropriately to attain program goals. Develops staffing plans that are compatible with program budgets and goals.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages a group of exempt management level employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field (Master's Degree preferred.)
- Licensed as a Mental Health Counselor by the State of Florida Board of Mental Health Counseling, preferred.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in substance abuse and/or mental health treatment.
- 50% travel required with some work on weekends or evenings required.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Working knowledge of criminal justice system and court procedures.
- Understanding of criminal justice market and customers.
- Strong management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities appropriately.
- Ability to perform financial management and budgeting.
- Sales and marketing skills.
- Change management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- General computer skills.