The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BLACKWATER CORRECTIONAL
Compensation Base: $50,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $3,300 Potential Annual Training Bonus**
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is located in Milton, FL.
Plans and administers program of correlated academic and social education in the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers with teaching, administrative, and private curriculum contractor to plan and implement a program designed to meet the needs of the inmate population.
- Visits classroom to observe effectiveness of instructional methods and materials.
- Evaluates classroom instructional techniques and suggests methods for improvement.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with colleges, community organizations, and other schools to coordinate educational services.
- Confers with Federal, State and local school officials to develop programs and curricula and to establish guidelines for the facility's academic and social education programs.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and selection of educational personnel.
- Prepares budget requests for educational programs, orders school supplies, and prepares records and reports.
- Conducts follow-up studies to evaluate the effectiveness of academic and social education programs.
- Formulates plans and policies for educational programming and submits them to the Assistant Facility Administrator-Programs for approval.
- Advises facility administration on implementation of applicable State and Federal programs and procedures.
- Prepares and submits a comprehensive budget no later than August 1 each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Education or a related field.
- Must have appropriate state teaching certificate.
- Two (2) years of classroom teaching experience and educational supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of educational philosophies and practices.
- Effective supervisory skills.