The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Base: $18.27/hr.
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventative, corrective and scheduled maintenance on all facility equipment as directed.
- Completes daily rounds and documents and initiates repairs as needed.
- Completes all documents to meet regulatory agency requirements.
- May perform carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work.
- May perform plumbing, heating and air condition work, duct work, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities, or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform minor construction work such as building storage bins, stock room shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May perform minor landscaping work including sprinkler repair, blowing the walkways and parking garage.
- Inputs data and completes service requests in the maintenance work order system.
- Repairs or modifies door openers, locks and relate door hardware.
- Maintains inventory for all tools, parts and supplies.
- Paints and performs drywall repair and finishing.
- Moves and assembles furniture systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of full-time, wage earning experience in general maintenance, construction or related areas.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, HVAC, plumbing, sewerage and other systems.
- Ability to read and properly interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures including the ability to interpret electrical prints, diagrams and schematics and to make arithmetic calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate ides and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.