The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: BAY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: Negotiable
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): Negotiable
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Examines and treats facility detainees/inmates to ensure proper injury care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Manages and evaluates the medical program activities based on the company goals, objectives, and philosophy according to industry standards and contractual obligations. Functions as liaison between correctional officials, public agencies, and the company. Implements all contractually required services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- Performs routine medical examinations on detainees/inmates referred by the nursing/professional staff under established guidelines. Provides medical treatment and orders studies, tests and ancillary services required consistent with the provision of basic health care services.
- Documents all services provided in the detainee/inmate medical record.
- Reviews regularly those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
- Instructs patients in required health hygiene techniques.
- Initiates and maintains compliance with company policy and reviews all other policies and procedures annually to assure their compliance with the American Correctional Association and/or National Commission Standards for Correctional Health Care.
- Supervises the Medical Unit in facilitating health care in the detention facility.
- May direct the work of staff employees. Provides input into performance evaluation.
- Supervises the development of and application of policies, procedures, and protocols in the care of detainees/inmates.
- Meets with management as needed for program evaluation and planning.
- Provides 24-hour on-call coverage to advise nursing staff in the care of detainees/inmates.
- Performs regular chart review for quality assurance purposes and countersigns telephone orders.
- Designates the level of care to be performed and the necessary equipment needed. Identifies continuing care facilities and specialty physicians. Initiates dental and psychiatric referrals.
- Performs other as assigned.
• Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the state in which the facility is located required. Board certification in primary care or related field preferred.
• Two (2) years of direct work experience as a Licensed Physician preferred.
• Completion of a U.S.-based residency program required.
• Current DEA and D.P.S. Certificate of Registration required.
• Professional license must remain on file at all times at the facility where services are rendered.
• Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command and confidence of inmates and staff.