The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides guidance, instruction, and coordination of corporate record retention objectives to all domestic facilities. This position serves as a liaison to all departments and facilities regarding the education and implementation of the organization’s record retention polices, procedures, and processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the execution and compliance of all record policies, procedures and processes by visiting and examining each facility record keeping practices.
- Monitors and reports on the successful implementation of corporate policies and procedures, our client’s record guidelines and federal, state and local laws governing records retention.
- Provides training and assistance to employees and counsels in records creation, retention, storage, search, retrieval, review, and production of company records.
- Liaison between corporate, region and facilities in reference to all records retention issues and information.
- Responds promptly to all facility inquiries relating to document custody concerns.
- Assists Records management in retaining all of client current record retention guidelines.
- Evaluates the record retention performance of facilities and makes recommendations to the Records management on improvements.
- Formulates a plan based on the recommendation and the unique facility needs in addressing the management of records.
- Coordinates limited facility resources to ensure the implementation and compliance of the records management policies and procedures.
- Assists facilities in creating a master list of all documents to be retained, stored or shredded.
- Directs the transfer, storage, or destruction of records from terminated facilities.
- Manages and instructs the proper set-up, structure and implementation of all records to a new facility.
- Distributes all approved documentation to each facility in reference to records management policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the continuous development of the Records department programs and processes.
- Creates, interprets and reports any statistical data, concerns, or issues in the area of records to the Records management staff.
- Frequently travels to all domestic facilities, offsite storage facilities, scanning service facilities, and regional and corporate offices.
- As necessary, represents the company in meeting with customers, suppliers and vendors.
- Provides support for vendor invoice processing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with five (5) years experience in records management, preferably in a legal or correctional environment. Associates degree or the equivalent of two (2) years of college studies in information management, records management or office management preferred.
- Must be able to travel with frequent overnight stays.
- Previous experience working with government contracts highly desirable.
- Ability to gain cooperation from employees at their facilities.
- Strong ability to perceive and analyze problems.
- Good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Working Conditions: Encountered on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
LIFTING OR CARRYING
61 OR MORE LBS
PUSHING OR PULLING:
61 OR MORE LBS
BENDING OR STOOPING
REACHING ABOVE SHOULDER LEVEL
DRIVING AUTOMATIC EQUIP. VEHICLES
WORKING WITH MACHINERY
WORKING IN EXTREME TEMPERATURES