The Learning House, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Admissions (36668)
at The Learning House, Inc.
Director of Admissions
Wiley Education Services
Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today’s higher education challenges. We provide education solutions, including online program management services for higher education institutions and course management tools for instructors and students. Through trusted collaborative relationships, Wiley Education Services also provides innovative content, technology, services, and insights that support its education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals.
- Assists in leading a team that supports student enrollment and guides potential students through their educational selection process.
- Some outbound call volume to respond to prospective student requests for information and/or guidance.
- Build a strong relationship with prospective and current students by having the ability to listen and identify their needs.
- Responsible for contributing to a team goal, managing student inquiries and applications, making phone calls, scheduling appointments and conducting informational interviews, documenting the admissions process for compliance, and following up with enrolled students.
- Demonstrates a higher level of programmatic expertise and also directly leads a mid to large size team of program managers.
- Oversee the majority of hiring responsibilities and drive training and development within the Admissions team.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven customer service experience in a professional environment; Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, management, and peers
- Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills; Professional appearance and telephone manner
- Working knowledge of computers and networking systems in a professional environment; Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred, but not required. However, a strong belief in the value of education is a must.
- Must have strong command of the English language, in both oral and written form
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as partner school and student needs dictate including evenings and weekends
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.