The Learning House, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Learning Designer (36616)
at The Learning House, Inc.
Learning Designer – Oak Brook, IL
Wiley Education Services
Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today’s higher education challenges. We provide education solutions, including online program management services for higher education institutions and course management tools for instructors and students. Through trusted collaborative relationships, Wiley Education Services also provides innovative content, technology, services, and insights that support its education partners to achieve improved institutional performance and learners to achieve their goals. Visit https://edservices.wiley.com/ to learn more about us!
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You are drawn to an organization who is true to their mission, creating positive outcomes for students through transformative education programming
- You are passionate about directing the design and development of online course that incorporate best practices from learning theory, “design frameworks”, and current trends in learning.
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a good mix of independent and project work with internal teams and faculty developers.
A typical week as a Learning Designer:
The Learning Designer is a critical member of the Academic Services team, working hand in hand with faculty and subject matter experts, in the creation of online programs at top tier universities. In addition to course design, you coach faculty on best practices in online learning. Every week is different, with lots of variety and a good mix of independent projects and work with faculty to explore new solutions. We’re a smart, resourceful and tight-knit group, and we enjoy our work because it prioritizes the learner experience and is done with the support of an excellent team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Learning Sciences, Instructional Design, Curriculum & Instruction, or related field
- Some experience in Instructional/Curriculum Design or teaching
- Some experience with interactive media design and project management
- Ability to apply learning theories to online course design
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and can successfully navigate working relationships with colleagues and clients (faculty and subject matter experts)
- Competency with LMS systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, or Moodle
- Master's Degree
- Worked in a university setting; adjunct/full time faculty OR teaching/learning center
- Background in corporate training
- A good storyteller with the ability to bring content to life
Our commitment to you:
- Structured onboarding into the job, the location, organization, and Wiley’s culture
- Regular coaching meetings with your manager to support your professional growth and a buddy system to help you get to know how things are done around here
- Work/life balance and the opportunity for long term career development
- Join Generation Wiley and network with peers around the globe!