Titan America LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fork Lift Operator - Concrete Block
at Titan America LLC
Under the direction of the plant manager, shift supervisor and/or other designated lead personnel the yard person (forklift operator) assists customers in selecting the inventory needed, loads delivery trucks and follows established policies and procedures.
- Operate fork truck inside plant, placing racks, emptying debris containers, and assisting others in overall plant operations.
- Assist customers in selecting inventory.
- Load inventory items on company and customers vehicles for shipment out of the yard. Use fork truck or hand-loading device as required. o Perform last quality control inspection on inventory leaving the yard.
- Maintain high level of customer service.
- Conduct physical inventory.
- Move rail cars into loading and unloading positions.
- Load and unload rail cars as required. o Maintain work area in clean and hazard free condition.
- Communicate fluctuations in inventory to management.
- Learn product codes.
- Perform frequent arithmetic operations to calculate customer changes, quantity of units per tier or per pallet, and other calculations as required.
- Must be able to perform all duties and responsibilities of utility person.
- Perform other functions and duties as required or directed, such as reporting inventory quantities, removing and inspecting returned inventory, preparing makeups, restocking resale items, consulting with customers on the proper loading of their vehicles, reporting shortages and quality problems immediately, monitoring traffic flow through the yard and reporting problems immediately, reporting customer comments about quality and service reporting fork truck malfunctions, complete daily pre-shift inspection sheet, perform simple fork truck maintenance tasks such as checking fluid and fuel levels, etc., operating loaders. Assisting with training of new employees.
- Demonstrated ability to operate fork truck
- Operate machine control panels with electronic switches
- Use, read and understand rulers and tape measures
- Read, write and speak English as required by safety standards and job expectations
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplying, dividing, averaging, etc.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be able to perform duties requiring bending, stooping, squatting and crawling.
- Must be able to lift concrete products and other objects weighing up to 95 pounds each from floor level to heights up to 4 feet
- Must be able to climb ladders to heights of 7 feet or more.
- Mount and dismount fork trucks frequently throughout the shift in the OSHA approved manner.