Trace Systems Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer (VMware)
at Trace Systems Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Job Title: Systems Engineer (VMware)
Location: Tampa, FL
Clearance: Active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance
Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
Trace Systems is seeking a cleared Systems Engineer (VMware) to join our team in Tampa, FL. This positon will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day server virtualization services, along with planning, implementing, and continuously improving virtualization infrastructure technologies in support of cutting edge technologies.
- Supports multiple virtualization technologies in the enterprise and works in Networking, Storage, Configuration Management, Cloud Architecture, and the Project Management team.
- This role is accountable for significantly contributing to overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency, and general health related to the virtualization infrastructure including virtualized server, application, and the virtualized desktop infrastructure systems;
- Function as a top level technical contributor with advanced knowledge and experience in the area of server, application, and desktop virtualization, administration, and related hardware/software.
- Responsible for solving problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations requires evaluation and judgment;
- Responsible for evaluating current systems; assisting in designing solutions for our government client, and at times, can provide informal supervision, leadership and training to less experienced technicians.
- The responsibilities of this position also include participation in the planning and management of technical implementations related to virtualization of various platform.
Primary Job Functions:
- Responsible for the day-to-day support of server, app, or desktop virtualization
- Participating in disaster recovery tests and planning
- Partnering architects and virtualization peers to make informed strategic/big-picture decisions
- Designing, recommending, and deploying emerging server virtualization technologies
- Support operations of multi-site (geographically)
- Monitoring and providing break/fix support to virtualize across the enterprise.
- Architecting system logs and analyzation through tools like Splunk and VMware Log Insight
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Working with Network and Storage Administration, plan, installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Answering technical queries from other IT support teams (DBAs, Networking, Architecture)
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the current and future infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- Multi-site System performance tuning.
- Responding and resolving service outages and interruptions.
- Contributes to design of enterprise server systems including but not limited to technical architecture, stability, and platforms.
- The assessment and optimization of the virtualization systems, through systems monitoring, statistics, daily health checks. Responsible for reporting KPIs and trends all facets of the environment. Coordinates service calls and schedules appointments with software vendor and consultants to ensure satisfactory resolutions of problems and malfunctions.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the enterprise server infrastructure and communications flow and routing.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and technologies for server virtualization.
- Identify trends and abnormalities and proactively take steps to prevent performance impacts to virtual environment and business function.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise virtual environment and business function.
- Support and contribute in developing and maintaining 3 year strategic plan, to mitigate risks, address organizational deficiencies, and facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
- Analyze, determine, and document technical requirements.
- Communicate accurate and useful status reports to management on a timely basis.
- Anticipate issues and proactively resolve them.
- Prepare contingencies, scenarios, scenario plans and action items to resolve issues
- Identify and initiate continuous improvements.
- Instill commitment to quality, customer service, ownership, and teamwork.
- Build strong customer relationships. Promote internal/external customer service among organization
- Maintain awareness of new technological developments in industry and processes- presents new concepts appropriately and champion successful implementation.
- Key contributor in the research, planning and implementation of server virtualization projects in accordance with and support of business needs goals and objectives.
- Where appropriate, provide on-going training and technical direction to other team members pertaining to virtualization optimization, installation, upgrades, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Interact with vendors in the resolution of complex problems.
- Effectively communicate with customers, help desk support personnel and senior technicians.
- Present new technology and High level resolutions to management.
- Facilitate training sessions for peers on new technology solutions, optimization, upgrades, trouble-shooting techniques, new technology and administration tools.
- Forecast and recommend infrastructure and system application improvements.
- Work with ticket queue to track support issues.
- Available to provide after-hours support.
- Willing and available to travel 30% or more during times of implementation
- Willing and available for on-call support.
- Others duties as assigned.
- An active, in-scope US Government issued Secret clearance;
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required;
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture and its supporting processes and tools;
- Experience with a WIndows Domain Enviroment to include Active Directiory and DNS setup and support;
- Experience with DISA mandated software such as ACAS and HBSS;
- Experience with Enterprise level VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure implementation and development;
- Compliance, OS hardening, etc);
- Ability to apply sound troubleshooting methodology in order to isolate and resolve root cause of reported issues;
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines;
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting Networking configurations;
- Experience in implementing Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage;
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP in the virtual environment, including VLANs, routing and virtual switches;
- Excellent verbal and written communication across all levels of seniority and the customer base;
- Requires little assistance to perform duties;
- Escalates to Architects only after developing a detailed description of issue including, but not limited to known failure points and a hypothesis for root cause;
- Exhausts all reasonable efforts to solve issues in an independent, collaborative manner prior to escalation;
- Ability to travel up to 30%+ percent of the time for short periods of time due to implementation scheduling.
- VCAP- preferred
- High School Diploma
Trace Systems, headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, was founded in 1999 to support and defend our nation's security interests at home and abroad–– whenever and wherever. We provide cybersecurity, intelligence, communications, networking and information technology services, systems, and solutions to the United States Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Department of Homeland Security.
To Apply: We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Trace Systems! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: www.tracesystems.com. #jointracesystems
For any additional questions or to submit referrals, please contact email@example.com
Trace Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.