Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MRI TECHNOLOGIST Full-Time, ( 2nd Shift)
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:13101_21215 M R I - LUMC
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion—to "also treat the human spirit." The Radiology Department seeks a Full –Time MRI Technologist to perform diagnostic imaging procedures applying magnetic resonance techniques.
Job Description Details:
The MRI Technologist performs diagnostic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs technical procedures, applying magnetic resonance techniques that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in order to provide the physician with the highest quality of diagnostic information.
Under the direction of a radiologist, performs special procedure at a technical level providing the most optimal images for physician interpretation.
Prepares imaging suite equipment, procedural trays, supplies, and other daily tasks to promote the most optimal experience for our patients, as well as ensuring a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence use/troubleshooting of equipment.
- Daily inspection of procedure room for proper supplies, restocking of rooms as necessary, knowledgeable of supply location, quick room turnover, and maintains room cleanliness to promote a safe environment. Properly prepare and assist the physician in the administration of contrast media as needed for each exam in adherence of department guidelines.
- Knowledge of all contrast materials used for exams, preparation, dose, and any possible contrast reaction.
- Correctly labels all drawn contrast and medications.
Assesses plans, provides intervention and evaluates care for each patient based on age specificity to avoid any unnecessary radiation exposure.
Major Work Activities:
- Proper patient identification using two patient identifiers prior to procedure.
- Assist the patient in transfer to and from the exam table, wheelchair, cart, or bed.
- Uses proper technique or protocol and immobilization appropriate to patient's age.
- Promote patient safety.
- Follow all levels of precaution guidelines.(sterile technique, aseptic, universal).
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- Associates Degree
- Specify Degree(s): AAS in Radiologic Technology
- 5 years of previous job-related experience
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Tech
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Basic Keyboarding Skills
- IDX Radiology
- Microsoft Word
- Net Learning
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.