Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Solutions Architect
Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Trustwave, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
The Trustwave Security Solution Architect (“SSA”) is responsible for identifying, designing, architecting and providing appropriate technical solutions for customers in support of the Sales Engineering and Sales Management teams. In addition, the SSA collaborates with other divisional Architects to develop solutions composed of multiple technologies to address customers and prospects business needs in a converged ICT services environment and market.
These SSAs will act in many ways as technology Subject Matter Experts that can speak to the security landscape, architectural models and solutions credibly, and possess the ability to discuss and present to “C-level” and technical members of a client team. The SSA needs a depth of knowledge and experience in two or more of the following core domains: Application Security, Database Security, Regulatory Compliance, Anti-Malware, Incident Response and Managed Security Services. The SSA should also be able to speak to the breadth of the landscape at an introductory level as well. The SSA will provide subject matter expertise through delivery of workshops, as a senior member of pre-sales and consulting engagements, and as a leader on solution design and deployment projects. The SSA should be versant in solution design methodologies (e.g. Best Practices type of approaches) and have the ability to generate high quality artifacts such as requirements artifacts, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Ability to mentor/coach Sales Engineers and other SSA’s
- Depth of knowledge in one or more of the core security domains: GRC, Security Operations, Application, Data or Infrastructure
- Deep Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions in at least two of the core domains: Network and Infrastructure Security, Endpoint Security, Security Consulting, Incident Response, Threat Detection, Mobility Security and Managed Security solutions.
- An understanding across this breadth of technology domains, understanding the inter-relationships between major components
- Solid understanding and experience working a structured solution design methodology
- Be responsible for the design of complex security solutions that integrate all multi-media (voice & data) ICT (Information Communication Technology) components into an effective and efficient network infrastructure design
- Initial project planning & costing (i.e. where required ensure OBC completion for each deal)
- Work with Trustwave and Optus internal groups (including Customer Engineering, Network Engineering, Optus Business, Technology and Products) and third-party vendors from pre-sales and implementation through to production
- Undertake application level customer requirements gathering and scoping. Deliver customer workshops and presentations as required.
- Responsible for helping the Sales team to identify and close specific sales opportunities;
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing expert-level product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, at the request of the Sales Engineering team and/or when strategic or complex opportunities are identified.
- Become a subject matter expert resource to the sales engineering team on any number of Trustwave solutions
- Participate as a senior-level technical resource at trade shows and conferences
- Work independently and as a vital member of the sales engineering team
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches to develop business
- Ensure successful on-site product evaluations (POCs) and post-sale installations when necessary
- At least 3 years of experience working as a security solution architect.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to two or more of the following technologies: Web Application Firewall, Database Security, Web and/or Mobile Application Security, Anti-Malware Solutions, Managed Security Solutions.
- Experienced in database configurations and basic queries
- Experienced working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
- Experienced working with Security practitioners
- Experienced working with Network, Application or Database operations personnel
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following security and compliance/regulatory standards: DISA-STIG, DIACAP,
- FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, GDPR, UK Data Protection Act, PIPEDA, HK PDPO, EU DPD, or BDSG.
- Experienced with modern versions of Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- Readiness to travel up to 25% annually
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent educational or industry experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a pre-sales capacity related to two or more of the following core domains: Web Application Firewall, Database Security, Web and/or Mobile Application Security, Anti-Malware Solutions, Managed Security Solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a pre-sales or post-sales capacity related to one of more of the following: Database/data store technologies: Current versions of MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, Hadoop, Teradata, Sybase.
- At least 5 years of experience working with one or more of the following: TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, proxies and firewalls
- At least 5 years of experience working with one or more of the following security and compliance/regulatory standards: DISA-STIG, DIACAP, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, GDPR, UK Data Protection Act, PIPEDA, HK PDPO, EU DPD, or BDSG.
- Verifiable and current certifications, including CISSP, CISM or CISA.
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Trustwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Trustwave outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Trustwave’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Trustwave Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Trustwave and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.