Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Sales Executive
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL (www.ul.com) is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
UL’s Supply Chain and Sustainability Division offers service solutions under our Information & Insights and EHS Sustainability businesses.
Our Information & Insights business delivers the information and resources that enable companies to manage chemicals within their global supply chains transparently, holistically and efficiently. We connect the people who need information and insights about a product with those who have that valuable information.
The Materials & Ingredients group of UL Information & Insights is the leader in vertical search engine services for raw materials, ingredients and equipment for plastics, cosmetics, cleaners, coatings, adhesives, inks, lubricants, food and beverages. Our online services include lead generation, lead and data management, media, as well supply chain information solutions.
The Chemicals & Formulated Products group of UL Information & Insights is the independent go-to party for software tools and services to help manage chemicals and advance the health and safety of the environment in which people work and live. Specifically, the business provides global solutions in areas such as multilingual hazard communication management and distribution software and services, retailer compliance, manufacturing chemical materials management and supply chain compliance and green chemistry and sustainability solutions. The company offers solutions for all companies, regardless of size and geography.
Our EHS Sustainability business empowers organizations to protect the well-being of workers, reduce risk, improve productivity, enhance compliance, and drive measurable business improvement through its EHS, occupational health, environmental, supply chain, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility platforms.
UL EHS Sustainability delivers safety training options and employee health management solutions. In 2016, the company acquired cr360, a market leader in environment, health and safety management, and sustainability software. This software tool provides companies with a 360-degree view of EHS, Compliance, Energy and Carbon, Corporate Social Responsibility and Supply Chain information.
We are seeking a high caliber Sales Executive with responsibility for new account development and customer acquisition within UL’s Supply Chain and Sustainability Division.
The successful candidate will have a “hunting” sales mentality and will perform under minimal supervision, operating as part of a metric-driven team with performance and result based accountability.
This position has geographic responsibility for UL’s Supply Chain and Sustainability business within Australia and New Zealand.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of service offerings within UL’s Supply Chain and Sustainability business including the ability to communicate these to both colleagues and prospective customers.
- Identify and pursue prospects through various lead generated activities; including but not limited to social media, tradeshow attendance and direct calling of identified industry prospects.
- Meet with prospects to understand their needs, decision makers and decision making process criteria.
- Develop and lead sales presentations for prospects and parties interested in UL’s Supply Chain and Sustainability services.
- Develop service and market appropriate value propositions, prepare quotations, and work to proactively close sales by gaining prospect commitments.
- Manage, retain and upsell existing customers within the region.
- Ensure sales activities within UL’s Supply Chain and Sustainability business are coordinated with other UL sales activities and strategic priorities within the region
- Proven record of successful B2B sales experience within the chemical, workplace health and safety, sustainability, product lifecycle or supply chain related sectors of industry.
- Tertiary qualification a strong preference, minimum 5 years of sales experience required.
- Excellent communication and people skills. This position requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules to senior level management and customers.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Customer-focused, organized and results-driven.
- Ability to travel between global destinations, including but not limited to Australia, New Zealand, Europe, United States of America, plus major ASEAN and Asian economies
- Significant business travel and work outside of the office will be required.